Sat, October 6, 2012

Music School Louviers Extension // Opus 5

3

French architects Opus 5 have recently completed construction of a concert hall on top of a former seventeenth century convent in northern France. The monastery was built between 1646 and 1659 for the Franciscan brethren, and consisted of a church in the west with two conventual wings surrounding the central building.

The convent, in Normandy, has served a variety of uses over the years and has housed a church, a prison and a tribunal court, but was converted into a music school in 1990.

The brief given to Opus 5 was to create a design which offered Louviers convent a new musical school building which would be modern, functional, attractive, which aptly represented the town’s cultural policy. The idea was also to highlight the archaeological heritage and its exceptional site in the heart of the city.

Opus 5

 

 

Mailinglist

Support

Follow



Advertisement



Blogroll


© Afflante.com, 2018 - Privacy Policy

Let's be friends on Facebook!