Tue, February 14, 2012

Casa Orlandi Guesthouse // B-Arch Architettura

3

Palazzo Orlandi is located in the city of Prato, near Florence, and was built in the sixteenth century; the decorations and frescos were applied between 1790 and 1815. The painter of these frescos was a famous one: Luigi Catani, whose frescos in the Villa Medicea di Poggio a Caiano, very close to Florence, are his most famous work.

The purpose of the restoration by Sabrina Bignami was to respect the original shape and to remove all the additions from the early 1900s. For instance, on the first floor (the noble floor) she found frescos on the walls that were covered by white paint. The floor, the windows the doors are original. Interesting was the interior project that matches the historical aim of the Palazzo with a very modern, clean end simple style of furniture. Today the noble floor is a private house and a very small guesthouse.

Via B-Arch Architettura

 

 

Mailinglist

Support

Follow



Advertisement



Blogroll


© Afflante.com, 2014 - Privacy Policy

Let's be friends on Facebook!